Alliance Phoenix from the AAF professional football league is coming to Phoenix - Tempe Sun Devil Stadium to be exact! But it is different from the NFL! Check out the differences below but it is pretty neat to get this in the Valley finally!
- Teams will have 50 players on each roster, with some selected by a territorial draft.
- Telecasts will feature no television timeouts and 60 percent fewer commercials, with the league aiming for an approximate real-time game length of 150 minutes, down from just over 180 in the NFL.
- All teams must attempt two-point conversions after each touchdown; there will be no extra point kicks.
- There will be no kickoffs; all possessions will begin on each team's own 25-yard line, the same as touchbacks in the NFL and NCAA. The team on defense can keep the ball, in lieu of an onside kick, by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 35-yard line and gaining at least 10 yards.
- The play clock will run only 30 seconds, 10 seconds shorter than in the NFL.
- Two coach's challenges per team are the only replays.
- Outside organizations will handle head-safety protocols.