There is a new study out according to the NY Post that says about 29% of Americans would gladly give up coffee if that meant they would never get sick!
The study came from OnePoll and the Vitamin Shoppe. It measured how people manage when they aren't feel well - emotionally, how needy they get, and of course how they tried to prevent getting sick in the first place.
“Squeezing a hearty dose of vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables into your daily diet through foods, like oranges, broccoli, kiwi, kale, strawberries and lemons can be key to keeping your body healthy through flu season and beyond,” said Dr. Josh Axe, DNM, DC, CNS, Certified Doctor of Natural Medicine and expert for The Vitamin Shoppe Wellness Council."
- Napping/sleeping in: 70 percent
- Wearing pajamas or comfy clothes all day: 53 percent
- Extra blankets: 51 percent
- Binge-watching TV or movies: 49 percent
- Eating junk food/comfort food: 24 percent
- Washing their hands more often: 67 percent
- Taking vitamins and/or supplements: 66 percent
- Sleeping a healthy amount: 56 percent
- Eating more fruits and vegetables: 55 percent
- Drinking tea with honey: 53 percent
- Social media: 29 percent
- Caffeine: 29 percent
- Sex: 21 percent
- Watching TV shows/movies: 18 percent
- Vacation time: 17 percent
Once you see everything listed and comparisons, it makes sense. When I get sick, I like to stay home in my sweats or fluffy socks and hide in bed and then have chicken soup. Last thing I want is coffee but not sure I could give that up!
I love coffee but I also hate being sick so to me, this is a big problem! What would you do?!