It's unfortunate.... but holiday shopping is the best time for thieves to get fast cash or steal expensive goods. With many busy stores... it's so easy to get distracted. As you're distracted... many thieves can make off with your purse or wallet!
A good tip from the NH Police Department Facebook,
A holiday shopping safety tip for women. When using a shopping cart as you browse through the store, keep your purse zipped or closed and secure it to the cart by clipping the child safety belt through the strap(s). This will help in preventing someone from taking advantage of your distraction and running off with the purse. For those carts that don’t have the child strap, keep an inexpensive carabiner clip attached to your purse strap. Simply clip the carabiner to the cart and your purse is more secure. HAPPY SHOPPING!
Some other helpful tips:
- Staying alert of your surroundings
- Parking in well-lit areas and double-checking you've locked the car
- Hiding shopping bags in your trunk
- Carrying as little cash as possible and keeping it in your front pocket
- Shopping during daylight hours with friends or family members
- Notifying your credit card company immediately if your card is lost or stolen
- Staying wary of strangers who approach you for any reason
Read more at Delish