#YOUIN22 I went to see @_taylor__burns_ at Red Mountain Med Spa to start treatment 1 of 6 for Venus Legacy. Venus Legacy is an FDA-approved treatment for tightening skin, naturally boosting collagen production and improves overall skin quality through a combination of multi-polar radio frequency and pulsed magnetic field treatments. Venus Legacy can also be used on any area of the body. For the face the treatment is 30 min long and for best results shoot for a series of 6 treatments (1 weekly)
What Are the Pros and Cons of Venus Legacy?
Pros of Venus Legacy
- In-office treatments are quick and virtually painless.
- No downtime is required.
- Venus Legacy is suitable for all skin tones and types.
- Treatments can be performed almost anywhere on the face or body for skin tightening and wrinkle reduction.
- During a 2017 clinical study, patients saw a significant improvement in the appearance of cellulite, and 60% of those in the trial were satisfied with their results.
- Venus Legacy can be used in combination with other treatments for optimal results.
- Treatments are non-invasive, meaning there’s no risk of infection or visible surgical scarring.
Cons of Venus Legacy
- Much like other radio-frequency treatments, a series of 6 to 10 weekly sessions are necessary to see results.
- Results are not dramatic or permanent. Touch-up sessions a few times a year are often necessary to maintain results.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for Venus Legacy.
What Do Treatments Feel Like?
Venus Legacy treatments are non-invasively performed without any pain or discomfort. Treatments utilize a simple suction and heat method, which feels much like a heated massage or hot stone therapy massage. Treatments are performed in a treatment bed, where gel is applied to enable easy gliding of the applicator and protect the skin. The patient will feel the consistent, smooth movements of the applicator as it glides across the skin’s surface.
The heat gradually increases; however, the temperature will be kept at a comfortable level. Treatments take between 15 and 40 minutes, depending on the area’s size and the areas being treated. Other than a little warmth and redness immediately after treatment, there are no side effects.
How Long Does it Take to See Results?
You should begin to see an immediate improvement, and results will continue to build after each session. Individual results rely on generating new collagen and elastin fibers. You won’t see final results until three to four months after your last treatment in a series.
Most patients require six to ten treatments to achieve optimal results. After you have finished your sessions, you can maintain your new appearance with a good exercise routine, a healthy diet, and an at-home care routine.
During your initial consultation, our expert providers will discuss how many treatments are necessary to achieve desired results for the treatment area(s).
What Makes Someone a Good Candidate?
Patients of all skin tones may be candidates for Venus Legacy treatment. This technology offers successful results for many different skin tones, ranging from fair to dark complexions. Good candidates are at or close to their ideal weight with some small fat pockets. Candidates must also have mild to moderate skin laxity with minimal sun damage.
Those with a history of cancer, specific disorders, and auto-immune diseases may not be ideal candidates for this treatment, in addition to women who are pregnant or women undergoing IVF treatments.
The innovative technology behind Venus Legacy has helped many men and women regain more youthful and radiant skin. To learn more about Venus Legacy treatment at Vein & Laser Institute, contact us today.